Volunteering is no respecter of age, geographic location, gender, educational background or financial status. Volunteerism is a unifying force that brings people together, breaks local and global barriers, establishing trust, friendship and open endless doors of opportunities to people.
- Do you have a skill that you would like to share?
- Do you have a favorite hobby or a passion that you would like to share with others?
There are countless ways in which to volunteer – chances are if you have a skill or a hobby, there is a way to share your passion with others through volunteering. Volunteering activities can include everything from;
- Administrative/Office Work
- Arts (Music/Drama/Crafts)
- Teaching/Tutoring/Supporting Learning
- Youth Work
- Events and Stewarding
- Sports/Outdoor Activities/Coaching
Tutor children during or after school
-Organize a self-defense workshop
-Organize a drug-free campaign
-Organize a domestic violent-free campaign
-Read books or letters to a person who is visually impaired
-Write articles /give speeches advocating financial literacy.
-Teach computer skills to the elderly
-Organize games and activities for children in hospitals
-Knit or crochet baby blankets to people
Coach a youth sports team
Organize a reading program to encourage kids to read AND MUCH MORE…….